Sunday, May 27, 2007

Thinking like Jesus

Have you ever wondered what Jesus was thinking when you read the bible? Either than just reading his acts, but going into his character, understanding what he felt, why he did such things? I mean, somethings are truly beyond us, but to think what he thinks, therein lies great revelation and loveliness to behold.

Like, when Jesus looked at 5 loaves and 2 fishes, and then fed five thousand, then again he fed the four thousand with 7 loaves and a few fishes.When Jesus looks at bread, what does he see? Does he see just a few loaves? Or a miracle happening? Does he see divine providence and prosperity?

When the storms were roaring, and even seasoned fishermen like Peter was scared in the sea of galilee, yet Jesus slept calmly and silently in the boat. What does Jesus see? With long life will I satisfy him, no righteous man shall die before his time. Jesus only awoke not at the rocking of the ship, but at the cry of his disciples in fear. Like a lovely father, who hears the cry of his child of the shadow of the big fat neighbours cat. What does Jesus see? Does see divine protection upon me, and my family and all my loved ones?

When Jesus sees a sick person on the street, a leper, a blind man, does he see a sick person? Or a full person the way God intended it? Does he see restoration and healing?

And when he see Jarius daughter dead, and Lazarus, does he see someone gone forever? Or just sleeping? Does he see resurrection and life?

When God looks at Abraham, who did not have a son, and is old in age, what does God see? Is it just Abraham alone? His generation to come? His seed? Seed is a potential to grow, and until today, the seed of Abraham is the most powerful men and women of earth in wealth, technology and influence of top countries in the world.

I'm always curious as to what God see's in me, what he see's that I can do with my life, and what I should be doing. I mean, I want to live a fulfilled life, fulfilled in his fullness and grace. The way we should look at life is the way Jesus looks at life. I mean i'm not there yet, far from it, but doesn't mean I stop searching for more mysteries available.

No comments: