Sunday, May 27, 2007

Question of Grace

This question got me thinking the entire morning and afternoon, it's a simple question, and also makes you question your mindset about God, or prayers.

Which one would you pick?
1) Daddy God, bless me so that I may bless others
2) Daddy God, bless me because Jesus died on the Cross for me.

This question got me thinking the whole day, on the concept of God, are we bribing him or trying to get favor from him? Do you really understand the significance of Christ death on the cross for us, and the question of unearned, undeserved favor either wise known as Grace?

I pick number 2 by the way.

I mean, honestly, I used to pray number 1 until quite recently. Nothing wrong with that kind of prayer, but there is a higher calling and greater understanding in prayer number 2. I believe in blessings, with all my heart, I believe God wants to bless all of us, Romans 11:11 and many others, Jesus blessed the people, most great men of God were very very rich and powerful, Churches like Hillsongs, Paradise are so big and powerful that they even have political connections, God is putting people in places of power and of influence for his Kingdom. I believe in blessings, and we should always ask God for it. God is delighted by our requests, and he wants us to learn to be responsible with it, and prosper.

But like Pastor Bill Johnson quoting someone else says, that when "God Prospers someone, did he gain a champion or did he lose one", God like a good father wants to give things to children who are responsible, like the verse goes those who have little, more will be added. Bla bla. Too lazy to find verses, plus this is a reflection not really a preaching. Muahhaa. Happy reading. But this was my thoughts on Thursday.

So what is wrong with prayer 1? Nothing wrong. Just that I am looking at myself when I am asking God to prosper me. I wouldn't go as far as saying I am 'bribing' God for my blessings. But what is my intention when I ask God to bless me? I am looking at my own works, Why should he bless me because I can bless others? It sounds noble, but at the same time it's not really a humble statement. Bless ME, so that I can bless others. If this statement was good enough, then all churches in the world would be prosperous, booming, doing awesome, and the world would tremble.

Then whats so special about Prayer 2? It is not looking at myself. Bless ME, because JESUS died on the cross for me. You are looking at the finished work of the Cross as your source of blessing. It is asking God for blessings based on the knowledge and understanding of HIS love, HIS sacrifice, HIS faithfulness. Lest any man boast. (Woah, I just came up with new revelation just thinking about this even more). When you ask God for a blessing, based on Jesus death, you cannot boast when you are rich and powerful and blessed, that it is by your faithfulness or your works wanting to help others that you are blessed. But when any man ask you, "John, why are you so blessed?".. I'll shout in their face "JESUS BLESSED ME~!" I believe God is pleased with this kind of thinking. That you honour Jesus. That every knee shall bow, every tongue confess.

If you view Your faithfulness as your source of blessing, you are going to fail. Because I know I am not that faithful, not even close. Jesus however, he is the only perfect being. And if you depend on Jesus, how can you ever go wrong?

Now coming to the act of service. Coming abit back to prayer number 1 again, lets reverse the sentence, "I bless others, so that God can bless me". What is my intention here? Is my intention to serve and to bless others, is it so that I can get blessings from God? There is something abit wrong there whether you realise it or not, there is some level of false humility, or wrong sense of thought.

Reversing prayer 1 "Jesus died on the Cross, so that God can Bless me". Buahahahahahhahahaha.. holy Cow, that just blew my mind away!!!!! Aaaargh!!! Jesuuss!!! Holy MOly!! I'm jumping up and down in my room now. I wish my room was sound-proof, I just feel like screaming the name of Jesus to the top of my lungs right now till the walls come down. It's such a powerful revelation of God's love. Jesus Died on the Cross FOR ME, BECAUSE OF HIM, I AM BLESSSSSSSSEEEEEEDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My intention to serve and bless others. Am I doing it so I can get blessing? Or is it because I am slowly understanding how much God loves me, and now I love God so bloody much, I just can't help myself but just willing to go out and do anything he tells me to do. I offer my life to you Lord Jesus!!! You told me the other day, that I don't know what it means to offer my life to you, But i'm going to wrap faith around it, and do it slowly bit by bit at the time when you open up the doors for me to serve you.

But Waaaaaahhhhh!! This Revelation of How God loves me, and that is why he is pouring out his CRAZY blessings on me.. It's just wow.... I feel like punching someone with a healing punch right now. Punch them in the face, then they turn hamsem. *punches self*.. ok.. now i'm calm. :)

No comments: