Sunday, May 27, 2007

Mysteroius mysteries

The bible is full of mysteries... the more I ask God to open my eyes to his mysteries, the more questions I have unanswered. Jesus is so interesting, sometimes I wonder why he does those things. Recently I've been trying to see what Jesus was seeing, think what he was thinking when he does things. But there's still so many mysteries and ... simply put, Jesus just thinks so differently compared to us all.

Like,

1) Why does Jesus tell people to openly tell the miracle that they have been cured, (Mark 5:19&20) and to some like Mark5:43, where Jesus old Jarius to keep it a secret? Was it to protect Jarius from getting the sack? (since he was the pharisee chief), and later in Mark 7:36 asking the deaf mute guy to tell no one. Is it in verse 36, "but the more he charged them, so much the more a great deal they published it", reverse psychology? :D Then why tell for the leper? You could say that to each different individual, Jesus tells different things etc etc... but there has to be something to it more than just that. What did Jesus see to say that? I don't believe Jesus plays dice.

2) Then there's another one that I've been talking to some people about, like the connection between emotions, our spiritman, and music. I think this was one of the things that ticked me off these couple of days, that people who try and intellectualize God and his works, putting him into a box, it's the spirit of legalism, that they better be preaching hard messages of fire and brimstone if not their not doing God's work. It's a spirit of legalism. They criticize hillsongs saying that music is all only emotions, feel good, there's no word, no substance bla bla bla.

But then again lots of Great Men of God were great people of worship. And there's none other like King David who wrote most of the book of Psalms, that even until today, the words in the book is still being sung. So much so that the Bible called David a Man who Longs after God's heart. David didn't have the bible during his time. And I don't he was a scribe or a student of the law of Moses. Yet through music and worship, there is something powerful going on there.

Like I liked what Jia Heng says, "like if you listen to violent music, somehow you'll get violent. It's like u open up yourself to the spiritual realm" I don't know if there's any verses on this, I have to do a bible study on these. But even in the old testament, the worshippers of God stood in front of the warriors, and the walls of Jericho came down in music and worship.

Another thing about Spirit, the Holy Spirit is definitely a person, aside from that, but what about spirit in general? The bible sometimes have things like spirit of joy and thanksgiving, Spirit of fear, spirit of worship etc. Makes me wonder whether spirit is an emotion.. what about evil spirit? Is it different from Demons? Is an Evil Spirit a emotion or spirit that which is not in line with the thoughts of God? For like Fear as an example. God told us not to Fear, even in the bible, the first people to enter into the lake of Fire is the fearful.

There is definitely some connection with music and the spirit. I think I should download some of Pastor Brian Houston. Hehe maybe he has insights on worship. Hehe. Worship churches though you may think their wordless, it's actually far from it, their so full of the word, that they go out and do great signs, miracles and wonders in the Kingdom of God. It is hearing the rhema word (revelation), wrapping it up with faith, and going out and doing great wonders.

3) You know how the dove is a representation of the Holy Spirit? One question that kind popped into my head, I don't know if it's right or wrong, if it's wrong then correct me please, hahah this one is so contreversial to me it sounds almost blasphemy :P. But when Jesus was baptised, he saw into heaven a dove (the Spirit of God) descended unto him. Was it the Holy Spirit? There is no record of Jesus doing any great miracles before the baptism, only he had great insight and wisdom. Before the baptism, did Jesus have the Holy Spirit inside him before the baptism? Or was he only just truly human and human alone? Hehe, well the third one it's not quite a mystery, but maybe I just need to have a deeper revelation on how Jesus was truly man, God in Man flesh. Sometimes you see Jesus as God, but not necessarily as Man as well.

There's many more, and I'm asking God to reveal, to unlock his secret revelation. There's alot of power and deeper understanding of his love for me in all of these.

No comments: