Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The significance of Jesus Death on the Cross

This is something I recently posted in a forum, when someone asked what was the significance of Jesus Death on the Cross means, and the gift of righteousness. I personally didn't think through it very properly, but it kinda came of a revelation heheh. But Anyway, I just wanted to jot this down and then slowly go through it again, I don't know if it's correct or not, but It kinda shocked me nevertheless. And I probably would want to go through it again in a slow bible study once my exam papers are done.

Anyway, this is what I Said

-----------------

Wooooaaaaaah, this is going to be heavy bible-study material, and unfortunately i'm amidst exam right now. Because this is will be a good study on the promises of God and the new covenant. And heheh, to fully understand the significance of the death of Jesus on the Cross, heheh, wow. Hahah, you'll be totally transformed.

Jesus died on the cross to cleanse us from all our sins. But I think sometimes like Thorns say, we don't understand sometimes the burden and weight of sin, and now being righteous in God's eyes.

I think like Jesus says in the parable "He that is forgiven much, loves me much" Luke 7:47

But I like what Reflector says by 'overpaid', to me it's semantics, I think it's not accurate, but he simply means that we just don't understand the gift of Christ, as there is more meaning that just being cleansed of sin and going to heaven. "John 10:10 - I came that they might have life and life more abundantly."

-----------------
By his death, we are cleansed from all our sins.

Being cleansed from our sins means that we are righteous in Christ, we have the righteousness of Christ, and in Him we are Righteous. (all over romans,Galatians,Hebrews, etc too lazy to check)

And because we are righteous, we are

1) Able to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit (This one I need to do some deep bible study into these, as to whether the Gift of the Holy Spirit is a gift because of the death of Christ on the Cross in John 16 it says that he has to go, if not the Holy Spirit will not come, or for some other reason, but I remember someone said that the people who could heal and cleanse people during the time before Jesus died had not the Holy Spirit IN them but ON them, like prophets or people of old,in John 15, it does say that they were cleansed by the word, but not fully forever by the blood, and only the Holy Spirit entered into people because they are cleansed by the blood of the lamb, and that is where we differ so greatly from the old covenant people, if anyone has revelation, do share)

2) Free from the curse of the law (Galatians 3:13) Curses can be found in leviticus or something if your interested hee hee.

3) To be redeemed from the Law in which we can Have intimate relationship with God in which he is now our father. That we are no longer servants but sons of God (Galatians 4:5)

4) In which we have confidence to ask anything according to his will.

(And thus we should study the will of God, especially the blessings and inheritance, which includes the blessings of Abraham, Galatians 3:6 onwards and Romans 11 onwards) Hence, that is where you get the Prosperity Gospel from, because they study the blessings of Abraham given not to only the Jews (which are the richest and most influential race in todays modern history) but also the the Gentiles.

5) We are a new creation, we are now Sons of God, Kings and Priests. Okay, this is getting into some really spiritual stuff that some of you might start shooting at me, especially those that don't believe miracles still happen today. Cheesy

I like how Pastor Bill Johnson (you can get his stuff in the sermon downloads) puts it, and he has alot more bible verses concerning this topic, I haven't done a thorough study on this and hence I don't have much verses to it. But, now that we are now seated in heavenly places, when we are still on earth.(Hehe this sounds very sci-fi) That we are now ambassadors of another world, which is the Kingdom of Heaven and we have authority on the earth to destroy the works of the evil ones. (Kings and Prince), healing the sick, casting devil out of people, binding and breaking demonic influences, loosing the spirit of God and providence. (Probably need a new thread if you want to discuss on this) Cheesy


-------
I think more simply put, everything Christ is, because he team-tagged and switch places.

I think there's more. But I got to get back to study. I've already spent an hour thinking about this.

No comments: