Friday, June 8, 2007

Fires around my life

Suddenly thinking of the metaphor Pastor Prince was saying, concerning where the Devil tries and distract us by starting small little fires around our life. When we're busy putting one out, he starts another one beside it, so we get distracted and instead of putting the first one out, we concentrate on the second one, and then keep going around in circles.

I'm kinda feeling that right now, as my exams approach, there's just suddenly a lot of distractions keep on popping up my life. And its been causing me to be in fear. Stress is just another name for fear. Hence, it's been causing me to be fearful.

But I will cast it upon the Lord for he cares for me. When a miracle is what I need, its a miracle that I would get. My job is to do what I'm supposed to do, which is to study hard, pass all my exam papers, which isn't impossible, and let God handle the rest of my problems.

It's strange, but I hate it when I have problems especially those that are just beyond me. I really hate it, but it's like Paul says, thorn in the flesh, pain in the butt, and I'm really praying that God removes them in my life. But at the same time, why it's there, is so that I can only trust in him and truly no one else. And it's sometimes so hard to just put our trust in God and God alone, because to be honest, it's my unbelieving heart in God's goodness and mercy to trust in him over my situation. And I hate that.

But I will step into this new realm of faith. That beyond my circumstance, the storm rise and crash all around me, it shall not overcome me, it shall not destroy me. Jesus you are in my boat, and I will rest in you.

I hate the uncertainties in life, but I love the certainties of Christ, that I am greatly blessed, highly favoured, and deeply loved. Man call it uncertainties, because they don't have God on their side, but God is on my side, I know for certain, that I am deeply loved, greatly blessed and highly favoured in he Lord.

No comments: