Thursday, January 8, 2009

Investing in People (bit of a rant)

Just had been hearing a sermon by Erwin McManus about investing in people and was just amazed by the level of understanding and depth of wisdom concerning the topic.

Just looking back at my life, and thinking about some of the people I have invested in. My time, effort, just being there for them, driving out late into the night just to have a chat with them. Some with multiple returns and some with nothing whatsoever. It can be quite disheartening, but the people who do bring back fruits, it's really worth it.

I think thats the drive of pastoral care. That a person matures both spiritually and in his personality. The dream is to always help people find and pursue their destiny in Christ, finding their place in this world and with people of same likeness and mind. Hence, I love the Planetshaker Call "To Empower a Generation to win a generation".

I think the problem recently I've been having is not seeing people come to fruition. But these sort of things take time and prayer. Lots of prayer. Which I haven't been doing. Hehe. But even so, just have to keep on planting the seeds, and let God bring the rain.

The thing is sometimes I don't know whether the seeds that I am planting are even good. Like the bible says, wheat and the weeds. Words are powerful, and what kind of plant are you planting? I know God has given me some level of authority and charisma, in both my speech and my personality. The question is learning to be faithful, and living in integrity using the tools that God has given you.

And life, well, it is also a growing process for me. Things which I thought was right, I think maybe perhaps otherwise now. But yeah life is interesting. And I find the interesting part is that I grow a lot by mentoring people. Just wish I know more being able to impact people in a positive and better manner. Have to pray more for the keys to move hearts and minds.

---

I think aside from that, I also need to learn to invest in myself. Which I am really bad in. And like Erwin McManus says, hanging out more with friends who refresh me. I haven't really had that type of friends for a while, I think I might just be hanging out with the wrong company or not anyone at all at the moment.

No comments: