Friday, September 7, 2007

True Relationships

Just got back from Planetshakers "True Relationships" seminar. I have to say it's been really great and a real blessing. I felt I learned a lot of things in the seminar. And I thank God it's to some extent as what I expected it to be and even more.

What I love and I felt most important, is the culture of freedom and choice in relationships. That there is no control, no subjugation, but freedom in relationships. Freedom with discipleship.

The problems about a lot of churches is that they put rules and regulations when coming into relationships. Like no kissing, cannot do this, cannot do that, have to wait for a certain time period and so what not. Although it may sounds good, but it is still legalism. Boundaries, or in IT, it's hard systems approach hahaha, where you need soft-systems approach as everyone is different, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. :P

Planetshakers doesn't want that. Rather it is with prayer and supplication and having a friend who has the Holy Spirit to encourage and make sure that what you are thinking and saying is in line with the Spirit and not the flesh. That we may learn to continually walk in the spirit together in partners with Christ the third party in a relationship that it may be holy and acceptable unto God. Not with rules and regulations but with the Spirit.

I think thats the biggest thing that strikes me. It put a big big big big grin on my face throughout the entire session. :)

No comments: