Saturday, July 21, 2007

The fulfillment of the Law. Love.

Romans 12:8 - Owe no man anything, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Verse 9 - For this, thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Verse 10 - Love worketh no ill to his neighour, therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

------

To me, thats just Wow.

I've been doing a study on the Love of God, and Law vs Grace for quite a while now. And This has really open up my eyes, or connect the dots. I've been doing a very slow study of the book of Romans, which is more or less the theological foundation of Christianity.

And I love it. That Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law. That we fulfill the law not by the works of the law, but by the spirit of the law, which is Love.

That we fulfill the law, by loving one another. Not by "Do's" and "Don'ts". But by loving your neighbour as yourself, you do things in love.

I sin not, not because I fear God, that he will punish me if I do wrong.

I sin not, because God has poured our his love on me through Jesus Christ and many more blessings to come, that I couldn't even be bothered thinking of Sin, but just want to love God, and love everyone else around me, and share the love of Christ and his wonderfulness in my life.

That is living in Grace. :) The true fulfillment of the law through the spirit and not through works.

No comments: